The board does not always look like this: occasionally the nearby capacitors aren't present. Also, Pin 4 is the 4th pin from the L on the bottom. This is the side closest to where the cartridge loads, also, the writing on the chip should be right-side up. Please note this is a console, not a game cartridge.
Fix your blinking! Play unlicensed games! Easiest way to disable the lock-out chip. You take a small screwdriver, get behind the pin and push it out. Usually they don't fly like this one did!
Most guides will recommend a razor blade or pliers, but the pins are so small that those tools can be awkward to use effectively in this situation. This is a great NES game console hack so you can play unlicensed games on the retro console.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades